Thursday, November 18, 2010

Upcoming Reviews: At First Glance

So I haven't posted recently (Shame on me) But today I got my hands on two awesome books! So i'm glad to announce two reviews coming sometime this week.

Synopsis-

Maddie lives in a world where everything is done on the computer. Whether it’s to go to school or on a date, people don’t venture out of their home. There’s really no need. For the most part, Maddie’s okay with the solitary, digital life—until she meets Justin. Justin likes being with people. He enjoys the physical closeness of face-to-face interactions. People aren’t meant to be alone, he tells her.
Suddenly, Maddie feels something awakening inside her—a feeling that maybe there is a different, better way to live. But with society and her parents telling her otherwise, Maddie is going to have to learn to stand up for herself if she wants to change the path her life is taking.
In this not-so-brave new world, two young people struggle to carve out their own space.

At First Glance- After reading the synopsis I got really excited for this one. A future where everything is all digital, unlike all other dystopian novels this is more realistic  to our world. We're slowly advancing into the 22nd century and technology has really advanced from what I can see. In no time, we may be faced with a future just like this one! Another thing that caught my attention was the cover. Ever hear 'Don't judge a book by it's cover?' Well I do. The cover is what attracts the readers to grab it and read what it's all about! While many may disagree with me, that's how I pick out my books form the library. Well, this cover really caught my eye. Not only is it not clustered, it all goes together. It's so simple yet strong.



 Synopsis-
At Penford High School, Britney Taylor is queen bee. She dates whomever she likes, rules over her inner circle of friends like Genghis Khan, and can ruin anyone's life as easily as snapping her perfectly manicured fingers. Just ask the unfortunate few who have crossed her. 
For April Bowers, Britney is also the answer to her prayers. With zero friends and nothing close to a boyfriend, April is so unpopular, kids don't know she exists. That is, until Britney notices her. One lunch spent at Britney's table, and April is basking in the glow of popularity. 
But Britney's friendship comes with a price tag. 
How much is April willing to pay? 

At First Glance-  I expected this book to be a typical 'bullied girl who gets back at bully and ends up with hottie' book. I mean, when I first looked at the synopsis it just came off as a red flag in my head that said 'cliche'. Ive read these type of books all the time; low self esteemed girl is bullied by the prima diva of the school and the girl somehow gets some panties to face the diva and ends up with a hot boyfriend in the end. Or some best friend. But I was wrong. It was actually a refreshing read and I really enjoyed it. Also, the cover is what drew me in, it's a clean yet simple cover.


I've already finished reading Lipstick Laws and will post a review tomorrow.

So what will you be reviewing this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...